ENGLAND NEEDS YOU
If you are an English small-bore or air rifle/pistol shooter, please support English Shooting by joining the ESSU.
Our Membership year commences on 1st February.
Why become a Full (shooting) Member?
- To be eligible to represent England at:
- Commonwealth Games or Commonwealth Shooting Federation Championships. British Citizenship or Subject is also required for these Championships.
- Home Countries International matches organised by the NSRA: Bisley, Scotland, British 50m and Airgun Championships
- To shoot for the ESSU at annual matches against the Combined Services, Police and Army
- To be eligible for Team England National Squad (TENS), and our Rifle and Pistol Academies
- To be eligible for the 'English Champion' titles held concurrently with our annual ESSU Open Championships, and be entitled to a reduced entry-fee.
- To represent the ESSU or England international matches outside of the UK: InterShoot Holland; RIAC Luxemburg; ISCH Hanover, etc., plus assistance when doing so.
- To vote at the AGM and stand for election for any Office within the Union
- To be eligible for limited funding, if available, and if specified conditions are met
- To receive and notices and reminders by e-mail.
- To have access to the Members-only area of this website where you can update your contact details.
- To check that your membership is current by viewing the 'Members' list in the secure area of this website.
The bulk of our communication with our membership is via E-Mail and this website.
Application forms can be completed on-line, and fees can be paid by E-Banking for convenience and to save postage costs.
Of course you can send cheques and forms by snail-mail if you prefer.
- Birth or
- Parental descent or
- Residence in England for a minimum of 5 years
There is a 'joining-fee' of £5.00 to cover initial administration and the production and posting of Membership cards. This is also payable by former members who wish to re-join if their membership has lapsed. The annual subscription for a Full (shooting) member remains unchanged at £25.00 for the year commencing 1st February 2018.
You can also help our cause by becoming a 'Supporter' of the ESSU
Apart from Membership fees, profit on the Championships and sale of merchandise, our only income is from Commonwealth Games England. This is received only during the pre-Commonwealth Games period and is specifically targeted at selected athletes to aid their preparation, so we need Supporters to enable us to fund our other objectives.
We have therefore introduced a new level of Membership to cater for those who no longer intend to qualify or compete as a member of an ESSU or England team, but who wish to remain associated with the Union to aid our efforts to provide assistance and support to active shooters who want to represent the ESSU or England in international competitions. Supporters would include partners and parents of our junior members and will make a vital contribution to our Membership as their annual fees enable us to raise sufficient funds to support our primary objectives. Of course, any additional voluntary donations will always be gratefully received.
'Supporter' Members pay an annual subscription of £15.00, and will retain full access to this website and receive mailings but will not be eligible to represent the ESSU as a competitor, receive any financial support, nor have a vote at the AGM. No joining or re-joining fees are required from Supporter members.